20th - March, 2023
- Sub-decree on Management of Commercial Advertising on Products and Services
- The Royal Government promulgated the Sub-decree on Management of Commercial Advertising on Products and Services on 4th November 2022. – Application of the Sub-decree The Sub-decree states that advertisements for products and services are forms and manners including audio-visual media, audio broadcasting, LED screen, website, email, newspapers, magazines flyers, packaging etc. (Article 8), and that the Sub-decree shall apply to such advertisements of products or services (Article 2). – Regulations on Description and Content of Advertisements According to the Sub-Decree, the Khmer language expressed in the Khmer language and letters. If a foreign language is used, the Khmer language shall be written above the foreign language and its font size shall be at least twice the size of the foreign ...
01st - March, 2023
- Prakas on Real Estate Service Business
- The Non-Banking Financial Services Authority (NBFSA) issued the Prakas on Real Estate Service Business No. 64 on 27th December 2022. According to the Prakas, the regulatory authority for real estate-related services has been changed from the Ministry of Economy and Finance to the Pawnshop Regulator (RPR) under NBFSA, and the requirements and validity period of license/certificate (reduced from 3 years to 1 year) have been changed. In addition, the contribution system has started, whereby the holder of a license/certificate is required to make an annual contribution in the amount specified in the Prakas to RPR.
03rd - October, 2022
- Press Release on Changing Border Measures
- The Ministry of Health issued the Press Release No. 254 on 3rd October 2022. In accordance with the Press Release, the border measures will change as follows from the date of issue: – Passengers from overseas will not be required to present a health declaration and vaccination certificate. – Body temperature will be scanned at the entry gate and officials will be on standby for passengers who display or may have symptoms.
21st - September, 2022
- Prakas on Decision of Minimum Wage for Workers in Garment and Textile etc. In...
- The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued the Prakas on Determination of Minimum Wage for Workers/ Employees in the Textile, Garment, Footwear, Travel Goods and Bag Industry for 2023 No. 247 on 21st September 2022. The Prakas states that the minimum monthly wage for workers and employees in such industries is as follows: – Regular worker/ employee: USD 200 – Worker/ employee under probation: USD 198
24th - August, 2022
- Notification on Attachments while Driving
- The Ministry of Public Works and Transportation issued the Notification No. 055 on Attachments while Driving on Sunday on 5th August 2022. The Notification states that drivers of vehicles traveling on road must bring their own attachments, including: 1. Driver’s License (original) 2. Vehicle ID Card (a copy can be used, in case there is no QR Code on the card, it is necessary to confirm from the competent institution before it can be used officially) 3. Vehicle Technical Inspection Certificate (a copy can be used) 4. For commercial vehicles for transporting goods or passengers, license for those activity (a copy can be used)
08th - July, 2022
- Prakas on Commencement Date of Payment of Contribution of Social Security Sch...
- Following the Joint Prakas on the Implementation of the Social Security Pension System for Persons under the Provisions of the Labour Law, dated 28th June 28 2022, the Ministry of Labour issued the Prakas on Commencement Date of Payment of Contribution of Social Security Scheme on Pension under Compulsory Contribution and Voluntary Contribution, dated 5th July 2022. The Prakas states that the payment of contribution of pension scheme will commence on 1st October 2022.
30th - June, 2022
- Prakas on Implementation of Pension Scheme
- The Ministry of Economy and Finance and the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued the Joint Prakas on the Implementation of the Social Security Pension System for Persons under the Provisions of the Labour Law, dated 28th June 2022. The Prakas states that from 1st July 2022 the pension system is scheduled to implement in accordance with the Sub-Decree on the Social Security Pension System for Persons under the Provisions of the Labour Law. According to the Sub-Decree, the pension premium is equivalent to 4% of wages, of which 2% each is to be paid by employer and employee.
02nd - June, 2022
- Notification on Labour Inspection Self-Declaration via Automation System
- The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued the Notification on Labour Inspection Self-Declaration via Automation System No. 022 on 27th May 2022. According to the notification, all enterprises/factories are required to declare 31 items on working environment and conditions through the online system twice a year at the end of June and December, starting on 1st June 2022. And violations of any of these items will result in the immediate imposition of fines in accordance with labor laws and regulations. In addition, the notification states that a failure to self-report as stipulated in the notification will result in fines or penalties. Of the 31 items mentioned above, the main items are as follows: – Registration and posting of internal ...
26th - May, 2022
- Notification about 4th and 6th June 2022
- The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued the Notification No. 019 on 24th May 2022. This notification states that to make it easy for employees to join the commune council elections which will be held on 5th June 2022, all employer must allow employees to have one day off before the election day and one day after the election day by maintaining their wages and benefits. In addition, the notification states “employers must try to pay salary to employees before the election day. If it’s unable to pay by then, please make a loan for a portion of the salary to employees.”
15th - February, 2022
- Notification on Termination of Allowance for Suspended Workers in the Textile...
- The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued the Notification on Termination of Allowance for Suspended Workers in the Textile, Garment, Footwear, Traveling Bag Manufacturing Sectors on 18th January 2022. The government had paid USD 40 to workers in such a sector whose employment contracts were suspended due to stoppage of operation etc. This notification states that such allowance will not be paid from January 2022 onward and that if an employer intends to suspend employment agreements, the contract shall be suspended in accordance with Article 71 and 72 of the Labour Law, or by agreement of both parties from the issuance date of this notification.