About JBL Mekong
JBL Mekong was established in Phnom Penh, Cambodia in February 2012 by Mr. Yabumoto to support Japanese companies in entering the Cambodian market, doing business in Cambodia and globalization.
In September 2014, it – formed alliances in Vientiane, Laos (now, One Asia Lao Sole Co., Ltd.), in June 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand (now, One Asia Lawyers (Thailand) Company Limited), in November 2015 in Yangon, Myanmar (now, One Asia Lawyers (Myanmar) Company Limited), in October 2019 in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam (now, Aura Consulting Company) and now it is providing support mainly to Japanese corporations with seamlessly global services as a member of the One Asia Lawyers group with offices in ASEAN, South Asia, Oceania, and the United Kingdom.
In Cambodia, it is working in partnership and cooperation with MAR & Associates Law Firm represented by Mr. Mar Samborana, for providing services in a wide range of fields.
- Incorporation Procedure
- In order for a foreign company to do business in Cambodia, it is necessary to establish a company or branch office. Our Japanese staff will support you in all aspects of setting up such a legal entity, including structuring.
- Amendments/Changes to Corporate Information
- When there is a change in the company’s information such as transfer of shares, change of directors, change of company location, etc., it is necessary to go through the procedures at the Ministry of Commerce, the General Department of Taxation, the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training, and the ministries with licensing jurisdiction. Our Japanese and Cambodian staff will communicate directly with you and your staff to ensure smooth updating of your company’s information.
- Dissolution Procedure
- The company’s dissolution process takes more than one year in Cambodia. Our Japanese and Cambodian staff will provide you support, and you can work on the procedures from overseas via telephone, video conference, and document delivery once the company dissolution is applied.
- Permit/License Application and Trademark Registration
- Permits and licenses are required for the construction, restaurant, hotel, and real estate industries. We provide comprehensive support for applications for permits and trademark registration, including preliminary research.
- Consultation Service for Labor Affairs
- When hiring employees, including expatriate employees, various procedures such as registration with the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training and NSSF (the National Social Security Fund) are required. Through communication with your local staff, we ensure that there are no omissions in the procedures.
- Tax Declaration
- In Cambodia, after the establishment of a legal entity, it is necessary to file tax returns every month, and our entire accounting team, led by the tax agents registered with the General Department of Taxation, will handle tax returns for you.
- Legal Research Service
- We can assist you in various legal investigations for starting a new business in Cambodia. In addition to this, any updates to laws and regulations will be shared with you as soon as possible so that all the compliances are met facilitating you to do business in Cambodia.
- Translation Services
- We provide translation services of laws and regulations, contracts, and other texts in Khmer, English and Japanese into Khmer, English or Japanese.
|Number of employees||25 (including 4 Japanese staff, as of August 2021)|
|Phone||+855 12 770 715|
|Office address||2F, Phnom Penh Tower, #445, Monivong Blvd. (St.93/232), Sangkat Boeung Pralit, Khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|DHL Postal Code||120308|