29th - September, 2023
- Notification on Decision of Minimum Wage for Workers in Garment and Textile e...
- The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued the Notification on Determination of Minimum Wage for Workers/ Employees in the Textile, Garment, Footwear, Travel Goods and Bag Industry for 2024 on 28th September 2023. The Notification states that the minimum monthly wage for workers and employees in such industries in 2024 will be as follows: – Regular worker/ employee: USD 204 – Worker/ employee under probation: USD 202 It is anticipated that the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training will issue a separate Prakas at a later date.
10th - September, 2023
- Som Ratana Appointed to Council of Jurists: A Recognition of Expertise
- We are delighted to announce that one of our dedicated team members Som Ratana has been appointed to the Council of Jurists of the Office of the Council of Minister. This appointment is a testament to their expertise and commitment to excellence in their field. Serving on the counsel is not only an honor for our staff member but also a reflection of the high regard in which our company is held. We are proud to have such a talented individual as part of our team, and we look forward to seeing the positive impact he will make in this new role.
08th - June, 2023
- Notification on Early Leaving for Disabled Workers
- The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued the Notification No. 017 on 6th June 2023. This notification states that employers shall allow workers/employees with disabilities to leave work at least 15 minutes earlier to make it easy for them to leave from work and protect the welfare of them.
05th - June, 2023
- Instruction on days-off for the parliamentary election on 23rd July 2023
- The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued the Instruction No. 045 on 3rd June 2023. This instruction states that to make it easy for employees to join the parliamentary election on 23rd July 2023, all employer shall allow employees to have days off on 22nd, 23rd and 24th July by maintaining their wages and benefits. In addition, the instruction states that employers shall try to pay salary to employees before 22nd July and that if it’s unable to pay by then, employers are asked to allow employees to borrow a portion of their salary (advance payment).
28th - March, 2023
- Sub-decree on Requirements and Procedures for Business Combinations
- The Sub-decree No. 60 on Requirements and Procedures for Business Combinations was promulgated on 6th March 2023 and effective immediately. – Purpose of the Sub-decree. The purpose of the Sub-decree is to review, monitor and evaluate the impact on competition, and the Sub-decrees establishes requirements and procedures for business combinations (Article 2). – Pre-Notification and Review If the criteria set forth in the Sub-decree are satisfied, a notification must be made to the CCC (Consumer Protection, Competition and Fraud Repression Directorate General) prior to the completion of the business combination, and the business combination cannot be completed unless the CCC gives its permission (Article 4). A proposed business combination that has been notified to the CCC is subject to a ...
20th - March, 2023
- Sub-decree on Management of Commercial Advertising on Products and Services
- The Royal Government promulgated the Sub-decree on Management of Commercial Advertising on Products and Services on 4th November 2022. – Application of the Sub-decree The Sub-decree states that advertisements for products and services are forms and manners including audio-visual media, audio broadcasting, LED screen, website, email, newspapers, magazines flyers, packaging etc. (Article 8), and that the Sub-decree shall apply to such advertisements of products or services (Article 2). – Regulations on Description and Content of Advertisements According to the Sub-Decree, the Khmer language expressed in the Khmer language and letters. If a foreign language is used, the Khmer language shall be written above the foreign language and its font size shall be at least twice the size of the foreign ...
01st - March, 2023
- Prakas on Real Estate Service Business
- The Non-Banking Financial Services Authority (NBFSA) issued the Prakas on Real Estate Service Business No. 64 on 27th December 2022. According to the Prakas, the regulatory authority for real estate-related services has been changed from the Ministry of Economy and Finance to the Pawnshop Regulator (RPR) under NBFSA, and the requirements and validity period of license/certificate (reduced from 3 years to 1 year) have been changed. In addition, the contribution system has started, whereby the holder of a license/certificate is required to make an annual contribution in the amount specified in the Prakas to RPR.
23rd - November, 2022
- Instruction on Display of Tax Registration Documents at Business Premises
- The General Department of Taxation (GDT) issued the Instruction No. 27185 on Display of Tax Registration Documents at Business Premises on 14th November 2022. The Instruction states that owners, directors and managers of enterprise shall display the following valid tax registration documents at their business premises: (i) Head office of an enterprise: – Tax registration certificate or confirmation letter of tax registrarion; and – Patent tax certificate (ii) Domestic branch – Certificate of company’s branch; and – Patent tax certificate The Instruction also states that breach of this Instruction will be deemed as obstruction of tax law and be subject to penalty as stated in Article 133 of the Law on Taxation.
05th - October, 2022
- Sub-decree on Annual Income Tax and Monthly Salary Tax Threshold
- The Sub-decree No. 196 on Annual Income Tax and Monthly Salary Tax Threshold was enforced on 28th September 2022. This Sub-decree sets the tax threshold for annual income tax for sole proprietors and monthly salary tax for resident employees in Cambodia etc. on 1st January 2023 onward. ■ Tax threshold for annual income tax for sole proprietors ・0 to 18,000,000 Riels 0% ・18,000,001 to 60,000,000 Riels 5% ・60,000,001 to 102,000,000 Riels 10% ・102,000,001 to 150,000,000 Riels 15% ・More than 150,000,000 Riels 20% ■ Tax threshold for monthly salary tax for resident employees ・0 to 1,500,000 Riels 0% ・1,500,001 to 2,000,000 Riels 5% ・2,000,001 to 8,500,000 Riels 10% ・8,500,001 to 12,500,000 Riels 15% ・More than 12,500,000 Riels 20%
03rd - October, 2022
- Press Release on Changing Border Measures
- The Ministry of Health issued the Press Release No. 254 on 3rd October 2022. In accordance with the Press Release, the border measures will change as follows from the date of issue: – Passengers from overseas will not be required to present a health declaration and vaccination certificate. – Body temperature will be scanned at the entry gate and officials will be on standby for passengers who display or may have symptoms.