23rd - November, 2022
- Instruction on Display of Tax Registration Documents at Business Premises
- The General Department of Taxation (GDT) issued the Instruction No. 27185 on Display of Tax Registration Documents at Business Premises on 14th November 2022. The Instruction states that owners, directors and managers of enterprise shall display the following valid tax registration documents at their business premises: (i) Head office of an enterprise: – Tax registration certificate or confirmation letter of tax registrarion; and – Patent tax certificate (ii) Domestic branch – Certificate of company’s branch; and – Patent tax certificate The Instruction also states that breach of this Instruction will be deemed as obstruction of tax law and be subject to penalty as stated in Article 133 of the Law on Taxation.
05th - October, 2022
- Sub-decree on Annual Income Tax and Monthly Salary Tax Threshold
- The Sub-decree No. 196 on Annual Income Tax and Monthly Salary Tax Threshold was enforced on 28th September 2022. This Sub-decree sets the tax threshold for annual income tax for sole proprietors and monthly salary tax for resident employees in Cambodia etc. on 1st January 2023 onward. ■ Tax threshold for annual income tax for sole proprietors ・0 to 18,000,000 Riels 0% ・18,000,001 to 60,000,000 Riels 5% ・60,000,001 to 102,000,000 Riels 10% ・102,000,001 to 150,000,000 Riels 15% ・More than 150,000,000 Riels 20% ■ Tax threshold for monthly salary tax for resident employees ・0 to 1,500,000 Riels 0% ・1,500,001 to 2,000,000 Riels 5% ・2,000,001 to 8,500,000 Riels 10% ・8,500,001 to 12,500,000 Riels 15% ・More than 12,500,000 Riels 20%
15th - September, 2022
- Notification on Deadline for Notice of Use of English Language in Computerize...
- The Accounting and Auditing Regulator (ACAR) issued the Notification No. 057 on Deadline for Submission of Notice of Use of English Language in Computerized Accounting System and/or Other Related Computerized Systems to the Accounting and Auditing Regulator on 21st July 2022. The Notification states that the enterprises which uses English language in the accounting system shall submit a notice to ACAR by the following deadline: (i) The enterprises which were registered before the date of the notification: By 31st December 2022 (ii) The enterprises which were registered after the date of the notification: Within 180 days of the date of registration with the GDT Enterprises failing to submit such a notice by the above mentioned deadline will be subject to ...
03rd - June, 2022
- Notification on Exchange Rate for Self-Assessment Taxpayer Regime
- The General Department of Taxation issued the Notification No. 10362 on Exchange Rate for Self-Assessment Taxpayer Regime on 17th May 2022. The notification provides guidelines for the use of exchange rates issued by the GDT as follows and also states that the GDT will issue notifications on exchange rate on its website from June 2022 onward. 1. Daily official exchange rate Taxpayers shall use the official exchange rate issued daily by the GDT for KHR currency for the price of the invoice. If the GDT doesn’t issue its official exchange rate on a certain day, taxpayers shall use the latest exchange rate issued by the GDT as of the day. 2. Official exchange rate for ToS Taxpayers shall use the ...