06th - October, 2023
- Sub-Decree on the Implementation of the Cambodian Investment Law: An Overview
- With the new Investment Law coming into effect on 15th October 2021, aimed at fostering and enhancing investment in Cambodia, the Sub-Decree on the Implementation of the Law on Investment was subsequently enacted on 26th June 2023. 1. Key Highlights of the Decree The Sub-Decree primarily outlines the prerequisites and sequence for investment project registration and execution (Chapter II), elaborates on the specifics of investment incentives (Chapter III), enumerates the diverse services rendered by the CDC (Council for the Development of Cambodia) and MPISC (Municipal-Provincial Investment Sub-Committees) to investors (Chapter IV), and delineates the protocols for the transfer and amalgamation of investment projects (Chapter V) as well as the suspension of such projects (Chapter VI). 2. Investment Activities Qualifying for ...
07th - May, 2022
- Notification on Requirement to Use the National Domain Name “.com.kh...
- The Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications issued jointly the Notification No. 0837 on Requirement to Use the National Domain Name “.com.kh” and Provide the National Domain Name Address when Filing the Annual Declaration of the Commercial Enterprise (ADCE) on 1st April 2022. This notification states that all companies registered in Cambodia are required to use national domain name “.com.kh” and provide an e-mail address containing a national domain name “.com.kh” upon the ADCE from 1st January 2023 onward. And it requests companies to register the national domain name with the Telecommunication Regulator of Cambodia immediately.
12th - February, 2022
- Law on Amendment to Law on Commercial Enterprise
- The Law on Amendment to the Law on Commercial Enterprise was enforced on 29th January 2022. In the amendment law, Article 166, 175, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 and 196 of the Law on Commercial Enterprise are deleted, Article 166, 175, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 and 196 thereof are amended and Article 8-2, 53-2 and 147-2 are added. We set out below the key amendments to the amendment law. – Addition of “Sole Proprietorship” to the definition of “Merchant” – Appointment of “Company Secretary” (which has to be a permanent resident of Cambodia) – Removal of minimum number of shares requirement – Qualification and duties of “Liquidator” – Addition of provisions ...
25th - January, 2022
- Law on Public-Private Partnership
- The Law on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) was enforced on 18th November 2021. This law, which is composed of 49 articles, stipulates such as procedure for partnership of the Cambodian government and private companies for the purpose of public services etc., operation of pertnership, and models of PPP (BOT, BOO and O&M etc.).